The Robert P. Laney law firm handles general practice in most areas of law, including bankruptcy, estate planning, divorce, and criminal charges, to name a few.
We are located in North Wilkesboro, NC, and we service most of northwestern North Carolina.
We offer the following quality legal services:
- In-depth conference with the attorney, including a full financial analysis and detailed explanation of bankruptcy chapter or non-bankruptcy choices right for you
- Trained staff of bankruptcy paralegals
- 43 years of experience in bankruptcy debtor and creditor representation
Filing bankruptcy may give you these protections:
- Stopping creditor harassment
- Stopping foreclosures and repossessions
- Protection of your property
- Tax relief
- Business reorganization
- Discharge of debts
What To Expect
- The first office conference includes an in-depth interview and a review of your documents to learn about your specific needs.
- We will also investigate other situations in your life that may impact your legal issue.
- We can then provide you with viable options and help you make the best decision.
- We then help you implement the course of action with a concrete solution.
- We will then review deadlines, attorney’s fees, and costs.
- We will then sign a fee agreement so you will know for what you will be responsible for. We offer flexible fee arrangements, with options including retainer, hourly, contingency-based, or a combination of these.
Not in Wilkesboro? Not a problem.
Our firm regularly takes on clients in northwestern North Carolina. We can consult with you remotely, in our office, by phone, or by email.
If you prefer a remote consultation, we can meet at your place of business to discuss your particular case. We’ll review recommended courses of action and fees, as listed in the steps above in “What to Expect.”
We will then travel to the necessary city needed for mediation and/or the court dates associated with your case.
If you’re unsure whether you’re in our covered area, please give us a call. We’re happy to discuss options available for you in your location.
Lawyers and Staff
Through extensive experience in the legal industry, I know that being in the situation that led you to need a lawyer can be trying and stressful. Whatever the reason, be it a potential bankruptcy, divorce, or criminal charge, I am here to help.
Michael works with Robert P. Laney as a law clerk. His specific interests include business and commercial law (including bankruptcy), estate planning and administration, and general litigation.
Susie’s duties include scheduling client appointments, assisting Robert P. Laney with client interviews, legal research, and drafting and filing various bankruptcy documents, including calculating Chapter 13 Plan payment amounts.
Paula has worked with Robert P. Laney since 2012. She specializes in traffic, domestic, and collection cases.
Dawn contributes to our firm through her extensive office expertise, spanning over 35 years in a variety of fields. She happily began working with Mr. Laney in 2019.
Haylie works part-time as a legal secretary for Mr. Laney.