What To Do if You Get Pulled Over in Wilkes County
If you’re reading this and have not been pulled over for speeding in Wilkes County, we have of course recommended slowing down and taking your time enjoying our scenic area. However, if you do happen to get pulled over here are some tips to make the experience as painless as possible:
- Do not panic. Seeing the blue lights can be scary; however, your experience will be better if you can remain calm.
- Safely exit the road. Acknowledge you see the officer and then find a safe place to pull over. If you are still on the highway, approach the shoulder slowly, and get as far away from traffic as possible.
- Cooperate. This is not the time to try to get out of the ticket. Be polite and cooperative.
- Politely find out what method was used for capturing your speed. It will be useful for you and your attorney to know by what method your speed was measured.
- Speak less. Say only what is necessary for cooperation and not much more.
Should you get an attorney for your speeding ticket in Wilkes?
The short answer is probably yes, but here are some steps for determining whether or not you should call an attorney for your Wilkes County speeding ticket:
- If you have never had a traffic ticket before and you are not sure what to do, you should reach out to a local traffic attorney.
- If your ticket is 11 mph above the posted speed limit, you should absolutely reach out to an attorney as your license could be subject to suspension.
- If you want to avoid returning to the area for court, it is possible in some cases that an attorney could appear in court on your behalf.
- If you are inclined to simply mail a check to pay the fine incurred by your ticket, you should reach out to a traffic attorney first.
- If you do not want any points on your license that could potentially raise your insurance rates, you will want to find a good attorney for your speeding ticket.
- If you want to make sure your speeding ticket has the best possible outcome, contact an attorney that knows the courts in the county in which you were pulled over.
Attorney Robert P. Laney, Speeding Tickets Wilkes County
Traffic law offenses have an extremely wide range of repercussions, from a simple fine to a conviction of a felony. How you handle it will be critical. It is always a good idea to bring in an expert to help you navigate the process of dealing with your speeding ticket.
If you found yourself with a speeding ticket here in our area, Attorney Robert P Laney can’t help. We have your interest in mind, and you could use our help. Whether you are a resident of Wilkes County or you got pulled over while you were passing through, we can help mitigate the impact of your speeding ticket. We are grateful you chose to visit Wilkes County, and we want you to come back on your own terms. Please contact the office of Robert P Laney for more information on how you can deal with your speeding ticket in Wilkes County.